MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy New Year!

We started, (or ended, depending on how you look at it) our year on a quiet note. We're not big New Year's Eve party people to begin with and Jason had to work at 6 a.m. on New Year's Day, so we just hung out at home. It was so warm on New Year's Eve! It got up into the upper 60's so we went outside with the kids. They put on a lovely concert for us in the driveway.



We are also not typical when it comes to our New Year's Day eating, because we don't like the traditional foods that most people serve. So I made us brunch for dinner. Just don't look at my homemade cinnamon rolls. I was already making the dough when I realized I didn't have enough flour so I attempted to use some wheat flour. Won't be doing that again. Anyway, I got out the china and let the kids drink orange juice with grenadine and some 7-Up mixed in, so it was good enough for them. Added some candlelight and we had our own little fancy evening.


No comments: