MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Friday, April 12, 2013

April Currents

So I haven't gotten back into the groove of blogging like I had hoped.  I guess this will have to do for now.

Current Books: Ha, ha, reading.  I think the last time I opened a book was at church Sunday when I was following along in my bible.  Does that count?

Current Playlist: I've been in a hip hop kind of mood lately.  Doing lots of cleaning and organizing and it helps me keep moving.

Current Color: apparently still eggplant

Current Drink: ChocoVine = red wine and chocolate in a bottle.  But a little goes a long way, so I've had the same bottle for a little over a month.  It also makes me sneeze, so that should tell me something.

Current Food:Jason's parents took us to Der Dutchman this week for a family dinner and I really don't know the last time I actually savored beef gravy like I did on those mashed potatoes.  If they sold just gravy I would buy it.  I might possibly eat it on something besides potatoes, heck I might just eat it right out of the container.  It was THAT good.

Current Favorite Favorite: Having family visit this week.  I love having playmates for the kids and sitting around drinking coffee with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law in the mornings.  And Jason was off this week too and up during the daytime, which I love.

Current Wish List: a bible cover and a cover for my tablet
 
Current Needs: more time.  Can I get some more of that please?
Current Triumph: not stressing out about Xander's birthday party.  I had no idea what was going to take place and he wouldn't let me decorate and do theme-type stuff for his food and goodie bags.  And I was able to let it go and play out by itself.  And it did, while I sat on the couch and ate Doritos.  And he said it was awesome.  Who knew?
Current Annoyance: the weather.  60's, snow, 80's, storms, 40's......pick something already Mother Nature! 
Current Indulgence: restuarant food.  With family in town and both kids having birthdays, we've been eating out a LOT.
 
Current Blessing: Xander didn't get written up at school this week.  Not once.

Current Outfit: yoga pants and an OSU sweatshirt

Current Excitement: Our trip to Pennsylvania.  We were supposed to go late July/early August but might have to go in June now.  Pretty excited to experience some place new.

Current Project: Kids' birthdays.  Having two kids born in the same week takes up a lot of my time.  And space.  Will be glad to have party supplies picked up, no more gifts hiding around the house, no more cake.  There has been way too much cake in this house.

Current Link: My cake recipe 

No comments: