MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm in love...



....shhhh, don't tell Jason. But I've found two new things that I can't live without.

I was with Xander (and Jordis, since Jason had to work) at our bi-weekly trip to Trader Joe's when I came across two items I had never seen before. The cereal is definitely new, given it's placement on an endcap by the free coffee and the sign that said "new" above it. I knew right away that I had to have it. Milk and I are not the best of friends so I wasn't planning to eat it in the traditional sense, but I thought it might make for a good snack, and it definitely does. As only a tasty snack can it has 250 calories, 9 grams of fat and 39 grams of carbs per 3/4 cup serving. But, it also has 23 grams of whole grains, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein. That has to count for something, right?



The hot chocolate I found on the very bottom shelf next to Xander's rice milk. I was down there hiding from the rather large, masculine-looking woman stocking shelves next to me, who Xander had just proclaimed (in his loudest voice) "looks like a ball." Anyone who knows me is well aware of my love for dark chocolate and peppermint. If you can combine the two than all the better. I've had some the past two nights since I brought it home. It's not the creamiest hot chocolate I've ever consumed, but the flavor is wonderful. Just the smell of it makes me feel good.

It's amazing what can make you happy for just $6.

No comments: