MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

OSU vs. Navy

Thanks to my cousin I had the opportunity to go to the Ohio State vs. Navy football game Saturday and watch my dad march in Script Ohio. He was in the OSU marching band for 7 years and I'm so proud of him for being part of such a neat tradition. There are more alumni band members than there are spots available for Script Ohio, so getting to march for it is based on a lottery. I was really lucky that my dad got a spot and I was there to see it.

We met early so we could get to campus in time for the skull session. This is when the marching band performs their pre-game and halftime music before the game and people can come and watch. However, on Alumni Day, the current AND alumni bands play, and it's the best show of the year. Seats are hard to come by so we got there 90 minutes early and found two seats in the second row.

Here's my dad standing up in the middle when they asked people who were in certain age ranges to rise and be recognized.


John Glenn and his wife were honored as I-dotters for one of the quadruple Script Ohio's to be performed at half-time.


A brief visit with my dad between the skull session and pre-game.


We were right below the Navy section and frequently entertained by their uniformed fans.


Part of the half-time show


I taped the four Script Ohio's so I don't have photos, but I did take one at the end. Coach Tressel started a new tradition of the football team coming to sing the alma mater to the band after the game.


Cousins! We had so much fun. This is the third game she's taken me to and we've had perfect weather every time. We also enjoy getting gyros afterward. It occurred to me that the past two times she's taken me to a game we've ended up going to the National Championship. We'll see if third time's a charm.


Thanks, Carol, for sharing your ticket with me, I had such a great time! And thanks also to my mom for babysitting until Jason got up. The kids are still talking about their fun craft.



No comments: