MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Big Bargains

If you know me well, you know I love a bargain. Not sure why, but guessing it might have something to do with my dad being a math teacher and always trying to find the most economical way to do things. Just yesterday, I noticed my favorite brand of lipstick had a few colors on clearance.

These are the summer and winter clothes for the kids that I bought on clearance and have stockpiled in the office closet. We've got shorts, shirts, dresses, bathing suits, sweatshirts, winter coats...just about everything.

But this, my friends, is my deal of the week: Easter clothes. I love for the kids to have fancy Easter clothes, but for as little as they get worn I can't fathom buying them brand new. Last year I found them a great ensemble at Once Upon a Child.

This week I had the same success again.

The beauty of getting your fancy kids clothes used is that, more than likely, whoever had them before didn't wear them much either. I got all of this for $19, which is probably more than the dress would cost by itself brand new. Now if I could just find Xander a green and pink tie.

No comments: