MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hayride

Two Fridays ago both of the kids had the opportunity to go on a hayride. Xander's was his first field trip that I desperately wanted to attend, but they won't let you chaperone if you have other children with you, so I wasn't able to go. However, my bible study had a hayride scheduled at a local farm, so Jordis and I went to that.
When I went to get Jordis out of the car I saw that she was wearing flip flops after I had told her to put on socks and shoes. The mom in me thought I should just let her stay that way so she'd learn a lesson about following directions, but the police wife in me figured someone would probably call Children's Services on me if they saw my 4-year-old out in flip flops when it was 42 degrees. Luckily we got there early enough that I had time to run home and grab her some socks and shoes.
I know, right, you're still not believing I was early somewhere.


We each got to pick two Indian corns and one pumpkin.



Someone was pretty feisty most of the time.



Then we had a potluck.


Junk food makes everything better, doesn't it?

No comments: