MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Zoo trip

Shortly before the end of the school year I took Jordis for a day at the zoo. It's so much easier to take just one kid because there's no fighting about what to see, and it was a beautiful day, so I was looking forward to it. And Xander was going with his class the following week so I didn't feel bad about either child being left out

Jordis loves to climb all over these words in the Habitat Hollow, which is right next to the petting zoo. Those sweet animals have the most patience to let so many little ones run around and touch them all day.





The polar bears weren't out because their outdoor area was being cleaned, but we were able to go to the educational portion of the exhibit.

We rode the train

Enjoyed the flowers


And spent a lot of time in the primate area. They are my absolute favorites and Jordis likes them as much as I do. I could spend all day watching them and on this day they did not disappoint.



And it wouldn't be a day at the zoo if Jordis didn't make a trip to the reptile building. She was disappointed that they didn't have a snake out to pet, but she did like that this snake was looking at us.
Such a fun day getting one-on-one time with my little girl who's growing up way too quickly.

No comments: