MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer's winding down

I can't believe that Xander starts kindergarten next week. Yikes! We've been keeping busy trying to fit in as much as we can. Here's Jordis at one of Jason's softball games. She's a combination of girlie and tomboy. Princess hat, but on backwards, shorts on backwards, shoes on the wrong feet, playing basketball. That's my girl.


The kids and I went to the zoo with my mom one evening for Family Night at the Zoo. We had free Bob Evans pulled pork over mashed potatoes with bbq sauce and cheddar cheese, along with some food we brought for a picnic. The kids also got to make a rain stick, get face painting and climb on various inflatables.



We finally got a couple veggies on our plants. The kids have to run out on the deck every morning to see if they're bigger.


Jordis did some shopping with me one afternoon at Trader Joe's while Xander was making snakes and spiders at pottery class.



This week Xander went to summer day camp at Recreation Unlimited. He got to go on a paddle boat, fish from a pontoon boat, go swimming, climb a giant tower, take his light sabre for Star Wars day and I think his favorite thing was that they had free-flowing lemonade from a pop machine at lunch time. He also made a few friends. Here he is with his counselor, Miss Kim, wearing a tye-died shirt he made while he was there.


While Xan was at camp I had quite a bit of alone time with Jordis. She helped me wash my car...


...rode the horse at the grocery store...


...ate Steak n' Shake with me at the park...


...and met up with Jason at the playground...


Can't wait to see what this week holds!





No comments: