MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Thursday, August 27, 2009

K is for Kindergarten

I can't believe our little guy started kindergarten today. Monday night they had an ice cream social where the kids could come in to drop off their school supplies, see their room and meet their teacher.


Last night he signed the form saying he understands the rules in the student handbook.


This morning Jason got us a special Tim Horton's Back-to-School breakfast.


Xander was super-excited to go to school and loves his new Spidey shirt.


He did not love taking his picture with his mom.


Apparently he's had this attitude about posing for pictures with me for over five years now.


I have no idea what they were looking at while we waited for the bus, but I liked getting their profiles all at once.


Here's Xan getting on the bus.


Here's Xan getting off the bus.


I don't have pictures of Jason coming and carrying him to the seat and then running down the stairs so Miss Kelly could close the doors. He was screaming, "No, Daddy, no!" as the driver was trying to use her arm to hold him back. She even had to stop the bus a few houses down. It was so sad. The new neighbor across the street assured me he'd be okay, which I already knew, but I still felt sorry for him. My mom said they shut the bus doors on me, too, in kindergarten, so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Jordis came outside with me again later to wait for his arrival. The bus ride home is only kindergarteners so that went fairly well.



He had Honeycomb cereal for snack, played on the kindergarten playground, didn't go potty, colored, and has an assigned seat at the yellow table. This apparently qualified as a good day and he says he's going to get on the bus tomorrow morning. We'll see.


No comments: