MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Picture Perfect

So I was seriously sweating the arrival of Xander's school pictures. I had to go to school the day they were taken because the order form never made it home. They apparently sent them home the week we were in Florida, but didn't save one for Xander. I found out the DAY before pictures were to be taken, leaving me one option: go to school the same day pictures were to be taken.

Xander warned me ahead of time that he wasn't going to say cheese. Not doing it. Never ever. Yadda, yadda. I ran down to the gym to drop off my form and Xander's class was on the way in for pictures. He was so excited to see me and was willing to cooperate, so they let him go first. He had a great little smile going when the lady decided to adjust his head, and then it was all over. He was done. Over it. Refused to smile. Finally they let someone else go and he ran away. I tried to go talk to him but thought I might be making it worse, so I left and told him I'd be super proud of him if he changed his mind when it was his turn again.

He came home that day with a sticker and said it was because he said cheese. I wanted to believe him, but was curious as to whose opinion it was that he actually smiled for the camera. Then today, he came home with this:









I'm so excited I can't stand it! I might have to get a new picture frame to celebrate.

No comments: