MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fabulous Four

Our baby just turned four! It's so depressing. I remember when Xander was the oldest at four and I thought his clothes were so big. Luckily Jordis makes me smile and laugh every day, so it helps me feel a little less sad about how big she's getting.
Doesn't she look happy?




Jordis only poses for pictures at HER convenience and she was less than thrilled that she got a black eye the day before. She decided to ride her bike down the driveway from the garage and the training wheels made it tip over when she tried to turn onto the sidewalk. I was on the driveway painting something for her birthday party when she whizzed by me and I knew it wasn't going to end well, but I wasn't in a position to do anything about it. She landed in the grass and the bike landed on her....with the handlebar on her eye socket.


Ten minutes later she was mad that I wouldn't let her back on the bike, so I applaud her stick-to-it attitude. However, when I called the doctor they said she needed to rest, so no more bike for her that day.

By morning she was fine and once Xander got home from school opening presents made her forget all about her injury.


Sometimes I can't believe how pretty she is. I'm sure I'm a little biased. But she has such a sweet personality, too. Whenever we're in public people talk about her cute voice and big eyes, and she always has friends wherever we go. We gave each of the kids one of the laminated cards from Jason's grandpa's funeral and Jordis keeps hers on her headboard. Last week she was kissing it goodnight and she told me "I miss him, he was so nice." She has such a sweet heart. And you have to be careful what you say around her. The other day when she and I were at the mall I was looking at some shoes when Jordis asked if I was going to buy them. I replied, "No, Daddy will kill me if I bring home another pair of shoes" and she cried out, "Oh, no, Mommy, that's so mean!" She's so mature for her age that sometimes I forget she doesn't understand figures of speech yet.

Here she is on birthdays past:




Happy Birthday, Chicky-Boo! We love you!


No comments: