MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Magic Kingdom


What a beautiful day it was when we went to the Magic Kingdom. Sunny and in the low 70's. I would have loved two days just here, as we didn't get to see as much as we wanted, and I was sad that we had to miss the Peter Pan ride. But it was fun anyway.

We rode the tea cups first at Xander's request. Jason went with the kids and my dad and I was in the non-extracurricular-spinning cup with Erma and Troy.


In line to ride the race cars.




It's A Small World is one of my favorites. I think I took the most pictures here (don't worry, I won't post them all). Jordis liked to wave and say hello to all of the dancing ladies.





Of course we had to ride Dumbo.



Xander scaled this house in no time while Jason took Jordis to meet some princesses.

The kids wanted to ride the train so we took it around to another part of the park.


After Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which Xander loved, he begged to go on Splash Mountain. We weren't sure how that would play out since he doesn't like getting wet but Jason took him and said he had a great time. Unfortunately, the picture I got of them on the ride is really blurry because I can tell it would have been really cute. While they did that the rest of us went to see the Bear Jamboree show.



It wasn't long before nightfall. The kids opted to skip the parade, so we rode a few more rides, got burgers and fries and they rode the race cars again with Grandpa, Grammy and Uncle Troy while Jason and I rode Space Mountain. Watched a few fireworks and then stuck around for awhile to let the crowd thin out.


They had put up the Christmas decorations the week we were there and I loved the Mickey-shaped wreaths they had on the lightposts. They also took out the usual flowers out front that form Mickey's head and replaced them with poinsettias.


Are you noticing a theme yet with how all of our days ended?

No comments: