MAYHEM IN THE MIDWEST

Life as we know it........as told by Heather

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Going batty

I'm pretty sure that these kids make me batty. Don't get me wrong, they both have really good moments and I wouldn't trade them for the world, but most days the overwhelming moments overshadow the good ones.
One day last week I got to get out of the house by myself to go to one of my favorite places. Imagine my shock when I was walking up to the building and there was an actual bat, hanging on to the side, taking a little nap. I took it as a sign from God that it wasn't my imagination, I WAS going batty and that trip out by myself was just what I needed.




Isn't he cute? (I don't know why I assume it's a boy.) Unlike the big, scary, leathery bats at the zoo, this one was little and furry. I knew better than to touch him, but I was so bummed to see him when I didn't have the kids with me. They would have been so excited, especially since we just studied bats and took that program about them at the park. So I took his picture.

I love fun unexpected moments!

No comments: